- 1 cup all purpose flour / maida
- 2 TBSP vanilla flavored custard powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 TSP cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup tutti frutti
- 1/2 TSP rose or pineapple essence
- Place butter in a bowl of stand mixer (or you can use hand blender or whisk too).
- Sift in sugar and beat at low speed. Once powdered sugar is mixed with butter, increase the speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour and custard powder in another bowl and mix it together.
- Add this flour mixture in butter and sugar mixture in 3 parts and mix it together on low speed. Gently bring dough together, do not knead. Dough will be soft.
- Shape the dough into log shape and wrap into cling film.
- Refrigerate it for min 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven at 180 C and line a tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the log into half an inch of thick slice and arrange on tray at least 2 inch apart, as they will expand.
- Bake for around 13-15 mins. Bottom of cookie with turn brown when they are done.
- Cookies will be soft but it will firm on cooling.
- Cool in tray for 5 mins and then keep on wire rack for cooling completely.
- Cookies stay good for 2 weeks if stored in air tight container.
- After taking out from refrigerator immediately cut and keep for baking. Don’t leave the log outside for long otherwise butter will start melting and it will loose the shape.
- Cooling on wire rack is important as it will allow air from all sides. If you will cool it in tray or plate then bottom of cookie won’t be crisp and it will turn soggy.
- The temperature and time may vary from oven to oven.