- 110 grams all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1/4th tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4th tsp Baking Soda
- 200 ml condensed milk
- 100 grams dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 45 grams butter
- 50 ml milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or walnut, optional
- Preheat your oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Line a 9×9 inch square pan with parchment paper and grease it well.
- In the microwave or over the double boiler (check notes), melt the roughly chopped dark chocolate, condensed milk and butter till all chocolate and butter is melted. If using the microwave, melt in 30 second shots and keep stirring in between. Mix well and leave to cool at room temperature.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Add flour to the chocolate mixture and mix till incorporated. Add milk n mix again.
- Pour into the lined pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Cover the top with chocolate chips or mix walnuts in batter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with some crumbs but no wet batter.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Serve with a dollop of vanilla ice cream or with a cup of milk.
- The temperature and time may vary from oven to oven.
- Double Boiler Method: Heat water in a pan at high flame. When it starts boiling, reduce the flame to medium to maintain simmer. Place chocolate, condensed milk and butter in another bowl and put it over pan with simmering water, so that the chocolate will melt gently.